Thursday 28 July 2011

Make It Crafty & Mad For Makers Challnge

Good afternoon :)  Wow the world of digi stamps and card making is so addictive!  Everywhere I look I find images that I really really want!  But I'm trying to be very selective  .... and I just love the Aussie sites as it makes me really proud that we are a talented lot :)

This card I would like to enter into
Mad For Markers Monthly Challenge - Sketch
Make It Crafty - Category 1

Its a fairly plain card with clean lines and minimal bits and pieces but thats what I like.  I really like to make the image the 'star' ... and of course I don't have a lot of bits and pieces to add so I've got to get some and then learn how to put it all together.

So here is my card using a lovely FREEBIE (yep thats right FREE) from Make It Crafty online store. 
I have coloured these gorgeous young lads in copic markers .... just a couple of greens and reds and the usual skin colours.

My base card is just white cardstock, a bit of red corrugated card, some silver shimmery card and a Christmas sticker over the top ... in the corner I have popped some of those rub ons from Kaiser craft.  I cut my oval shape from a bright green bazzill ... I thought the bright green showed the cheekiness and fun of these little elves.  Around the edge of my white oval I ran a red ink pad around the side ... just to tie it all in.

Thanks for checking out my card ... and make sure you head over to Mad For Markers and Make It Crafty for some gorgeous stamps, accessories and fun :)


I added some 'shading' down the bottom of the elves ... first time I have done this ....I used BV31.  It's probably not a correct shadow ... but it does add a little something.  So will have to start doing it more.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card.
    thanks for joining in at Mad for Markers.
    Cheers
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Carly !!
    Thanks for playing along at M4M.
    Hugs Honor x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo they look sooo good! I too often like to make the images the "star" of the card! Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers Challenges hugs from Bron :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. I like clean and simple too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card, love the cheeky elves and the CAS look very effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card... reminds me that I must think about Christmas cards! Thanks for joining in at Mad for Markers.
    Susan xxox
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carly!! This is GORGEOUS.. they are so sweet!!
    Thanks for playing along at M4M :D
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carly - how adorable! You did a fabulous job of colouring these little guys up! Thanks for joining the special celebrations at Make it Crafty. Hugs xoo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment