Thursday 4 August 2011

Coluring skin a different colour to what I usually do

 Hi there .... for some reason I can't type above this photo .. but they say a change is as good as a holiday ... so lets just start off with the picture first instead :)

This gorgeous little girl is Vixie from Make It Crafty and I sat her on another Make It Crafty stamp called Fern Log.  It took me AGES! to work out how to put one stamp (digis) on top of the other!  I ended up using Photoshop and believe me it was difficult ... until my Husband came along and showed me how to do it.  I just hope I can remember how to do it next time.  I was lucky enough to win some digis from Make It Crafty just recently!  So you will be seeing some more cards with those soon :)
 I coloured Vixie first using the same colours that I used in a previous post.  I am going to enter this card into Skin Colour challenges so I will just list the colours I used to colour the skin .... Copics E21, E11, E33.  I would have liked darker skin but I don't have a lot of browns and just couldn't get the result I wanted.

The log was difficult for me to colour ... never done anything like that before ... so I just played and added more colour until I was happy.
Here is a picture of the completed card ... I had no idea in how to 'finish' this card.  I had mounted my image on this lovely blue doily cut out thingy ... but then didn't know what to do.  Nothing I did seemed right.  So in the end I grabbed a lovely Fern frond stamp and stamped it over the white card using a green ink.  I thought it tied in with the image .. but not sure about the blue with the green.  But to late now!  Because its stuck there!

Thankyou for reading my waffling .....

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-
Make It Colourful Challenge #28 - Colouring Dark Skin
Digital Tuesday Challenge #122 - Doilies
ICopic Challenge #41 - Skin Tones

Ok going to post this now as my daughter is due to wake up any moment ..... xoxox

1 comment:

  1. This looks AWESOME! Thanks so much for playing with iCopic this week! I hope to see you back next time.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment