Monday 15 August 2011

iCopic Weekly Challenge #43 - Blue & Orange

Just one more from me tonight .... I'm going to enter this into the iCopic weekly challenge (click on the heading of this post and it will take you there).

The challenge this week is Blue and Orange.  I love the colour blue ... almost as much as purple ... but I really, really, really don't like the colour orange.  The only things that should be orange are natural things like fruit, vegies and flowers etc.  I don't like orange cars, orange clothes, orange jewellery or any other man made things orange!  So this was a huge challenge for me.

So I took my lovely little Tickled Pink Lil Victoria Evie (isn't she sweet) and coloured her with oranges ... it felt wrong ... I didn't like it .... but when I had finished I was actually quite suprised with how pretty she looked.

So the next challenge was to find orange bits n pieces to actually build the card .... well I didn't have much ... and probably all that I have is on the card ... except some orange silk flowers I still have (and may try using one day).

I embossed on the blue card using the cuttlebug and then just to make the birds stand out a little more I coloured them with Copic Marker B02.  I think the scallop border is from Kaisercraft and the flower is from my stash.
It's hard to tell in the photo but the orange card on the base is shimmery and I also added some clear spica pen to the flower in her hair as well as the fan and bows on her skirt and trimmings on her dress.

Overall I'm happy with the card.  I especially like how Evie is looking at the birds.  There is a lot of empty space and I procrastinated for ages about putting a sentiment there .. but nothing looked right.  I think this way it gives a 'free' and 'fresh' feeling.

Anyway thats really it for me tonight ... must get some sleep (fingers crossed the little one stays in bed tonight)


I love how she is 'looking' at the birds .... she is such a sweet looking girl ...

Goodnight ... sleep tight :)  and may the sky be as blue and the day be as peaceful for you as it is in this card :)

3 comments:

  1. Blue and Orange, what a difficult combination but you've worked wonders with it, I love the embossing and your colouring is great.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely card. I love your wonderfull coloration and the colourcombo. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I think she looks fab coloured orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment