Sunday 7 August 2011

Make It Colourful Challenge #29 Colouring with Pink Entry #2

Just a quick post tonight .....

I have coloured another Make It Crafty image called Carriage Of Love.  The Make It Colourful Challenge is colouring with pinks and I find that quite difficult.

I love this image but didn't really know the best way to colour it so have just given it a go, once again its the first time colouring this one so it didn't turn out to badly.

Thought I may as well enter it .... had no idea what colours to use to colour 'gold' and any pointers would be much appreciated.  I used Y15 and Y17 and then added a clear Spica pen.

For the pink I used the ever faithful R81, R83 and R85.  (I'm hoping to get some new colours soon so I can experiment as the only other blendable pinks I have are RV21 and RV23)
On the top of the carriage I first coloured with E50, 51 & 53 then the pinks just to alter the colour slightly.

I'm not going to make this into a card .. I'm going to add it to a scrapbook page (not that I have started doing any scrapbooking ... but its on my to do list as I have a 2 year old daughter and LOTS of photos)


2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely image and will look fab in a scrapbook! Love the colouring,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is lovely pink colouring, and it's great how you altered the pinks on the top of the carriage by adding in the E50's - that's a tip I've learned from you so thanks! A good shade to use when colouring gold is Y28, add a touch here and there with your other yellows, and you can add in a bit of YR04 or an orangey yellow if you like a more reddish gold - yours looks lovely and bright already though. Great to have to playing along with us at Make It Colourful, and I hope to see you again. CoB

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment