Monday 29 August 2011

Sweet enough to eat ........ mmm strawberries, chocolate & cream

Good evening I hope you have had a wonderful day.  I made the cauliflower and leek soup ... it was delicious.  Even my two year old ate lots!  All I did was fry up some garlic and the leek, pour in the chicken stock, add the cauliflower pieces and then simmered until soft.  Blended it and then served with a dollop of light sour cream.  mmmmmmmmmmm

I am really pleased with this card!  I purchased some papers from KaiserCraft on Friday while I was there doing the photo frame class.  It's so nice to have some gorgeous papers and be spoilt for choice.  I want some more now though .... he he he ...... crafting is so addictive!  I think we start because we think we can save money by making our own things, may it be knitting, sewing or paper crafts for example .. but then we get addicted and want all the new gizmos, accessories and bits and pieces.  In the end it costs us a fortune .... but at least we are happy and busy!

I have coloured the absolutely gorgeous Maria from Tiddly Inks and then used some lovely bazzill cardstock and the flower patterned paper from Kaisercraft.  I embossed the cream using my cuttlebug, added a couple of little pearl things ................ and voila!  I love the colour scheme of this card and to be totally honest it makes me want to eat a big slice of chocolate and strawberry cake with lashings of cream.  The colours are making me hungry!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Strawberry, Chocolate, Cream
Sunday Sketch & Stamp 
Crafty Calendar Challenge - August Hot Coloours

Thankyou for stopping by :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carly, I like the image, the embossing and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Carly, especially love the embossed circle and it's a great take on my sketch. Thanks for playing along with SS&S this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely interpretation of our challenge theme, Carly. I love the sweet image and the embossed background works really well. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar challenge this month.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so gorgeous hun....

    thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, love your image. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. Love the PP you've used on the left.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image and love your hot colours. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, this is lovely! :) Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment