Sunday 18 September 2011

Pink & Chocolate ... mmmmmm chocolate

What a gorgeous day it has been today!  I hope you had a lovely day also.  It was sunny and warm, but not hot. My little one and I were both not feeling great today ... but we still spent nearly all day outside playing with the two chooks, two cats and the dog, digging in the dirt, picking flowers and lemons and all the other stuff that 2 year olds like to do.

The card you are about to see is an odd one ... well in my eyes it is.  I'm not terribly sure about the colours and the layout.  I LOVE the way my colouring turned out on Make It Crafty's Elizabeth, its just the rest of the card I'm not sure about.  Feel free to give me your honest opinion because this is how I will learn :)

I'm totally thrilled with the shading of Elizabeth, especially her legs.  I wasn't sure where I should put the darker areas on her dress so I hope its right.  I really struggle with light and shadow.  I embossed the light brown card (lets be creative and call it 'late') with a chandelier embossing folder through the cuttlebug.  And the rest is pretty straight forward.

The copic markers I used were:-
E50, 51, 53 - cream area on dress
E000, 00, 02 - skin
R81, 83, 85 - pink areas
E35, 37 - hair
and there is clear spica pen on the fan, flowers in her hair and buckles of the dress.


Wish I had legs like that!

I would like to enter this gorgeous lady into the following challenges please :-

Thankyou once again for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments :)



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carly, I like the image and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I love all those pleats! I don't see any struggling in your final results with lights and shadows, they are marvelous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at icopic :)
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing and that image is darling! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Carly. Love the pink dress and the embossing goes perfectly with this image. So glad you're a part of the new SDD team. I look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring. Love the girlie image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card hun love that image beautiful coloring too welcome to the team too hun hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Carly, beautifully coloured image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, as is your coloring. Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment