Wednesday 26 October 2011

Meow

Good evening :)  I've had a busy day today ... playgroup with my little one today and she had her first ride on a pony! ... She loved it!  I held onto her as the girl led her around ... it was hard to keep up they were almost trotting!  Madalyn's little head was bouncing up and down ... but she had the biggest smile on her face.

 And then later on in the day I cut the lawns and got stuck into the weeding!  It has been raining lots here and everything is overgrown.  Madalyn had fun chasing our two chooks while I was hard at work.

Isn't she just adorable ... my daughter not the chicken ha ha ha.


But here is tonight's creation

 I have used a Dustin Pike image and coloured it in the following copics:-
YR04 and YR68 for the Orange areas, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7 for the black and white areas.

I cut a circle using my new Spellbinders!!!  and then embossed it through the cuttlebug with a tree folder.  Once again I got stuck for background paper so made my own.  I used a Lucy's Stamp Dotty Brush Stroke and inked it up in black ... then stamped a pattern.  Some faux stitching around the edges (I wanted to use the sewing machine but only have white thread) and a sentiment completed the card.

Was a fun image to colour.  Struggled with the oranges though as I didn't really have dark oranges that blended well ... so this was about as good as I could get it.

I would like to enter this card into the current iCopic challenge which is ... yep you guessed it .. Orange and Black.

I did complete a lovely image last night ... and tonight I tried something totally new to make my background papers ..... but I'm waiting for it to dry ... so it will have to wait until tomorrow night.

Enjoy the rest of your evening/day and thanks for stopping by.
xoxoxoxox Carly

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful card. I love the orange and black background. Your daughter is gorgeous.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment