Monday 14 November 2011

A sad day .......

Hello fellow bloggers and crafting friends.

Tonight I'm terribly sad and not even colouring seems to be helping.  Today I had to make the decision to let my beautiful friend and companion Shelby go off to wherever it is that dogs go.

This beautiful girl has shared my life for the past 12 years (almost) and will be sadly missed.  It was one of those decisions that you don't want to make and it broke my heart.

All I can say is thank goodness I got to come home to my other beautiful girl ... my 2 1/2 year old daughter Madalyn.  Her smiles and cuddles helped ease the loss.  And of course there really wasn't a lot of time to be upset as I had to get back to "Mummy duties".

But now that Madalyn is in bed ... my heart is heavy once again.

My blog Shelby In Colour ... is of course named after my dog ... and the little photo I use when I visit people's blogs is also of Shelby.  I may have to change the photo ..... I will see how I feel as time goes on ... but a the moment it makes me cry to see it.

I know to some people a dog is just that .... a dog.  But for so many years this girl was part of me ... she was my baby and I will miss her terribly.

So there will probably be no card tonight ..... but here are some photos for you .......

 This one is from just the other day ...
 This is from a few weeks ago ... she looks so old!

 These two are when she was about 2 ..... the bottom one is one of my favourites.  This is when I lived on my own and Shelby spent most of the time inside with me and even slept on my bed.  Ad you can imagine she took up one whole side of a double bed!

R.I.P.  my beautiful girl xoxoxoxoxxooxxoxoxoox

7 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss Carly. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly I am so sorry to hear of your loss :o( And I fully understand that she was your baby girl, and I can't imagine how hard the decision to say good bye must have been. I have two lady Labradors, one who has just turned 10, and I dread the day we have to part. They were my flower girls and ring bearers at my wedding. Dogs aren't just dogs. Dogs are friends, through thick and thin, always there to greet you at the door with a waggy tail, dogs are there for you when your lonely or sick. I feel you pain and my two labradors send there doggy love and kisses to you xoxo
    RIP Shelby xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww those r lovely pics carly, love the one of shelby with madalyn. so cute how shelby's just laying down sleeping while madalyn plays around her shows that shelby was such a great natured dog and was comfortable having madalyn outside in her space.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carly, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carly, I feel with you! I understand you are so very sad. She was not "just" a dog for you, she was your friend! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh carly, I am so so sorry. Dogs are so much a part of our families. Sending hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carly, how awful! I know that feeling well and it is absolutely heartbreaking!

    Sending big hugs your way!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment