Thursday 1 March 2012

Whimsy Stamps - Paper Piecing

Hi, Everyone! It's Wednesday again so that means it's time for a new challenge! 



Our Topic this week is

Paper Piecing

Don't forget! You don't have to use a whimsy image. It would be great if you did though, and it doesn't have to be a card. We welcome all paper projects.

Our Prize this week is



For my project this week I used a really cute stamp called
New Spring Lamb

The background patterned cardstock is from My Memories ... how cute is it!!!!
The sentiment is a stamp from Stampin Up .. I inked it up in a chocolate brown (which may be hard to see in the photo) and then I have matted it onto a blue piece and stitched around the edges (best sewing I have ever done!) and then attached that to the white base card.


Now as for this gorgeous spring lamb I printed him out on my copic colouring paper and coloured his face and feet.  Then I printed him twice more on a piece of normal paper.  I used a small 'swirl' stamp inked up in brown to make his fleece.  I cut out another set of ears and two more of the 'tuft' on his head and attached these with double sided foam.  The flowers/grass and background I tried my hardest to colour match the background.

I'm really quite pleased with this card ... and it was so quick to make!  Don't forget to head on over to the Whimsy Challenge Blog
to check out the gorgeous creations from the Design Team and of course to enter your own creation ....... you could be the winner of those digis!

Thanks so much for stopping by
looking forward to seeing what you create .....
xoxoxoxoxo
Carly

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this card! This was my inspiration to finally try paper piecing on my flamingo card. I wanted to stop back and thank you for every card you post! There is always something I can take away and use when I make my cards. I just wish I could color my images as well as you! I've said it before and I will say it again...You are a real TALENT!!!
    Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment